White Plains Hospital's outreach program is dedicated to providing our community access to exceptional care. We offer various events and engagements throughout the year.
Take Charge of Your Health connects our medical staff and experts to the community. We work with corporations, community groups, schools and religious organizations throughout Westchester County to give presentations on a variety of important health-related topics. We are pleased to provide these health education programs/information free of charge. We cover a variety of topics, including, but not limited to:
- Stress management
- Exercise and orthopedic health
- Wellness and nutrition tips
- Cancer care
- Integrative medicine
- Preventative health screenings
Several times a year, White Plains Hospital partners with local organizations to provide services at both corporate and community health fairs. The fairs provide services in many specialties, including, but not limited to, screening for diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, breast and prostate cancer, eye, ear, stroke risk, HIV screening, sickle cell disease, and cholesterol.
In addition, the Hospital hosts a Ted E. Bear Fair for children in our Emergency Department. The goal is to ease children’s fear of the hospital and help them become acquainted with physicians, staff and what happens behind the scenes.
In addition to providing our community with fun, free wellness programs, the Hospital can offer your company continued services to support healthy lifestyles for your employees, such as:
- On-site flu shots for your employees
- Pre-employment/drug screenings
Call 914.681.2563 to learn more.
Visit cancersupportteam.org to learn more about cancer support.
Visit our Community Reports page to learn more.
- 2019 Community Service Plan
- 2016 Community Service Plan
- 2019 Community Health Needs Assessment and Implementation Report
- 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment and Implementation Report
- Health Equity Impact Assessment and certificate of need