At White Plains Hospital, we strive to create safe and welcoming spaces for our LGBTQ+ patients. The following resources from other leaders in the health care field provide general information on health issues that affect the LGBTQ+ community, and can inform your health care discussions with your provider.
- Find answers to some of the most common questions about PrEP provided by the CDC.
- Learn about the Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis Assistance Program.
- Read a brochure provided by The City of New York, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene on PrEP and PEP.
- Lea el panfleto proveído por el Departamento de Salud y Salud Mental de la Ciudad de Nueva York, sobre PrEP y PEP.
- SAMHSA shares programs, initiatives and resources looking to support the LGBTQ+ community.
- The American Psychological Association promotes psychological knowledge on gender identity and sexual orientation through news, publications and resources.
- The Trevor Project allows you to reach out to a counselor if you’re struggling. Find answers and information, and get the tools you need to help someone else.
- Learn about PFLAG the nation's largest organization dedicated to supporting, educating, and advocating for LGBTQ+ people and those who love them.
- Read about how The Family Acceptance Project® helps prevent health risks, strengthen families and build healthy futures for LGBTQ and gender diverse children and youth.