The full-service cardiac catheterization laboratories at White Plains Hospital provide the community with numerous options for diagnosis and treatment of heart disease. We opened the Joan and Alan Herfort, MD, Cardiac Catheterization Lab in 2008 and began performing emergency cardiac catheterizations in 2010. In late 2015, the Hospital proudly opened the Marie Promuto Cardiac Cath Lab with state-of-the-art equipment to best meet the demand of a growing number of patients who are in need of interventional and emergency angioplasty, device implants and other procedures.
The Hospital continues to meet the challenge of enormous growth seen over the past several years while exceeding quality benchmarks. Our "Door-to-balloon time" is consistently under one hour and "Major adverse events" remains above the 90th percentile nationally demonstrating the focus and commitment to providing exceptional care to the community.
White Plains Hospital offers its community numerous options for the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease. Our full-service Cardiac Catheterization Labs feature best-in-class equipment to optimally meet the demand of a growing number of patients who are in need of interventional and emergency coronary angioplasty.
Current capabilities include:
- Right and left heart catheterization, pulmonary artery catheterization
- Coronary atherectomy
- Coronary intravascular lithotripsy
- Intravascular imaging and coronary flow measurement
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
- Intra-aortic balloon pump insertion/Impella insertion
- Rotational atherectomy/CSI/laser atherectomy
- Elective TEE with/without cardioversion
- Thrombolytic therapy
- Peripheral angiogram/intervention
- IVC filter placement
- Hemodialysis catheter insertion
Led by Dr. Daniel Wang, the Electrophysiology department focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of arrhythmias. Its evolution parallels that of Cardiac Electrophysiology itself. The field has evolved from being largely research and diagnostic/medical-driven to an interventional one – with innovative therapeutics that have dramatically changed patients' lives for the better.
Our specialties include:
- Cardiac implantable electronic devices
- Pacemaker implantation
- Defibrillator implantation
- Implantable loop recorder insertion
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Leadless pacemaker implantation
- Electrophysiology study and catheter ablation
- Atrial fibrillation (AF) ablation
- Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) ablation
- Ventricular tachycardia (VT) ablation
- Transeptal puncture
- Left atrial appendage occlusion
- WATCHMAN LAA closure