Orthopedic Hand Surgery
White Plains Hospital offers expert orthopedic services in hand surgery.
If you have pain or any problem involving your hand or wrist, our fellowship-trained orthopedic hand surgeons and the White Plains Hospital team have the expertise, experience and latest technology to help patients resume daily activities as quickly as possible.
Procedures performed at White Plains Hospital include:
- Carpal tunnel surgery - pressure on the nerve is released, relieving the pain, numbness and tingling sensations
- Ganglion cyst surgery - jelly-filled cysts that develop near joints or tendons in the wrist, hand and fingers can be removed
- Rheumatoid arthritis surgery – damaged tissue is removed from the joint, tendons and ligaments are repositioned, or the entire joint is replaced with a prosthetic.
- Arthritis surgery - reconstructive procedures for arthritic conditions at the base of the thumb, wrist and fingers can eliminate pain and improve function
- Dupuytren’s contracture surgery - thickened, abnormal tissue is removed to relieve contracted fingers and improve range of motion
- Repair of torn ligaments - tears in the hand and wrist, such as skier’s thumb, can be repaired to restore stability and strength
- Trigger finger release – common form of tendinitis in the hand can be cured surgically by safely releasing the tight structure
- Complex reconstructive procedures - difficult and chronic problems of the hand and wrist can be treated with tendon, ligament, nerve and joint reconstruction
To Find a Physician call 914-681-1010