Orthopedic Hand Surgery
Procedures performed at White Plains Hospital include:
- Carpal tunnel surgery – tissue that is causing pressure on the nerve is removed to relieve pressure.
- Ganglion cyst surgery – Jelly filled cysts which develop from either joints or tendons in the wrist or hand or fingers can be removed.
- Rheumatoid arthritis surgery – damaged tissue is removed from the joint, tendons and ligaments are repositioned, or the entire joint is replaced with a prosthetic.
- Dupuytren’s contracture surgery – thickened, scar-like tissue is separated to improve range of motion and prevent nerve damage.
- Grafting – transfers bones, nerves or other tissue from healthy areas of the body to the damaged area, commonly performed after trauma.
To Find a Physician call 914-849-MyMD