Think ahead about the essential items you’ll need to pack for yourself and your baby. Plan to pack a bag by the time you are about 36 weeks pregnant in the event that you may need to go to the Hospital unexpectedly.
- Roomy gowns or nursing tops (a front opening is helpful for breast-feeding)
- Socks and slippers
- Roomy clothes to wear home
- A support or nursing bra
- Extra underwear
- Eyeglasses or contacts
- Camera (cameras may be used in the Delivery Suite, but video cameras are prohibited)
- Phone and phone charger
- Things to help you relax or pass the time, such as books and magazines
- Insurance card, photo ID, and any hospital paperwork you need
For Your Baby:
- Seasonally appropriate going home outfit and hat
- Receiving blanket
- Car seat
Please do not bring valuables or medications to the Hospital.