Hematology-Oncology is a sub-specialty of internal medicine focused on hematologic (blood) disorders including blood cancers as well the many non-cancerous, but serious and sometimes life-threatening, disorders of the blood. The majority of Hematologist/Oncologists at White Plains Hospital are dually board-certified in both Hematology and Oncology though some may specialize more heavily in one of the two disciplines. All are strongly dedicated to the addressing the needs of patients with malignancies and blood abnormalities.
Our highly skilled hematology/oncology specialists diagnose and treat blood diseases providing individualized, advanced patient care with an emphasis on cutting-edge treatments and personalized medicine.
- Disorders of bleeding & clotting (hemophilia, hypercoaguability disorders)
- Benign blood cell disorders (thalassemia, sickle cell disease, polycythemia, hemochromatosis)
- Genetic testing for predisposition, diagnosis, and screening (Gaucher’s disease, hemochromatosis, Factor V Leiden, hypercoaguability disorders, von Willebrand’s)
- Thrombosis or blood clots
- Blood cell cancers, including all types of lymphomas and leukemias
- White cell disorders, such as leukopenia and leukocytosis
- Stem cell disorders, including:
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Myeloproliferative disorders, such as polycythemia vera, essential thrombocytosis and myelofibrosis
To Find a Physician call 914-849-MyMD