The Flanzer Center for Emergencies and Critical Care at White Plains Hospital is the busiest Emergency Department in Westchester County, and well-positioned to handle a wide range of adult and pediatric emergencies. Specially trained, highly skilled physicians and nurses are always on hand to provide patient-focused emergency medical care in a recently expanded, state-of-the-art setting that stresses comfort and privacy.
From initial treatment in the Emergency Department to in-patient intensive, care our physicians and nurses have the latest technology available to help them handle life-threatening injuries and illnesses.
The unique two-floor space also houses the Maxine and John Bendheim Family Intermediate Care Center, a unit for patients whose needs are less urgent.
Our emergency and critical care services:
- Specialty treatment areas for specific types of emergency care, such as orthopaedic, pediatric and OB/GYN care, trauma, oncologic, stroke and other neurologic emergencies
- X-ray equipment right inside the Emergency Department, for more rapid imaging and diagnosis and seamless access to advanced imaging technology such as CT Scan, ultrasound and MRI
- Therapeutic hypothermia treatment, which can improve outcomes for some cardiac arrest patients
- Negative pressure areas for isolation of patients with serious infectious disease
- A separate emergency area designed for pediatric patients, within the main Emergency Department
- Registration at bedside, resulting in less wait time and enhanced privacy
- Individual waiting areas for adult and pediatric patients
- Flat-screen TVs in all treatment rooms
A project is now underway to relocate all pediatric emergency and pediatric specialty services to a new Pediatrics Center on the second floor, the first of its kind in New York State. The Emergency Department is being modernized and revamped to allow for more efficient patient check-in, evaluation and treatment. To get more details about this and other ongoing projects, visit our Transformation page
For more information on Emergency Care at White Plains Hospital call 914-681-1155