The Flanzer Center for Emergencies and Critical Care at White Plains Hospital is the busiest emergency department in Westchester County, and well-positioned to handle a wide range of adult and pediatric emergencies. Specially trained, highly skilled physicians and nurses are always on hand to provide patient-focused emergency medical care in a recently expanded, state-of-the-art setting that stresses comfort and privacy.
From initial treatment in the emergency department to in-patient intensive, care our physicians and nurses have the latest technology available to help them handle life-threatening injuries and illnesses.
The unique two-floor space also houses the Maxine and John Bendheim Family Intermediate Care Center, a unit for patients whose needs are less urgent.
Our emergency and critical care services:
- Specialty treatment areas for specific types of emergency care, such as orthopaedic, pediatric and OB/GYN care, trauma, oncologic, stroke and other neurologic emergencies
- X-ray equipment right inside the Emergency Department, for more rapid imaging and diagnosis and seamless access to advanced imaging technology such as CT Scan, ultrasound and MRI
- Therapeutic hypothermia treatment, which can improve outcomes for some cardiac arrest patients
- Negative pressure areas for isolation of patients with serious infectious disease
- A separate emergency area designed for pediatric patients, within the main emergency department
- Registration at bedside, resulting in less wait time and enhanced privacy
- Individual waiting areas for adult and pediatric patients
- Flat-screen TVs in all treatment rooms
For more information on Emergency Care at White Plains Hospital call 914-681-1155