Patients and families face many challenges when diagnosed with cancer. Working together with a common goal, our patient education focuses on needs of the patient and family so that they can actively participate in their care.
EDUCATION PROGRAMS AT THE CENTER FOR CANCER CARE
A variety of ongoing education and support programs for health professionals, patients, families, and the community are offered in our Educational Conference Room, which is equipped with audio-visual and other equipment often needed for meetings and classes.
To schedule a class or use our facility to teach a class, call 914-849-7500.
Community Outreach Cancer Education Programs
Part of our circle of care includes educating and acting as a resource to the Westchester community with:
- Annual Screening Programs
- Neighborhood Health Fair (Breast and Prostate screenings available)
- Cancer Education Lecture Series
- American Cancer Society Reach for Recovery Program
- Gilda’s Club of Westchester
- Patient Education Programs developed to meet the specific needs of patients and family members
- Cancer Survivors’ Day, an uplifting celebration of life for cancer patients, their families and friends.
- Community Partners Include: Cancer Support Team, Gilda's, American Cancer Society, JFCS, YWCA, Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VSNSNY), Lustgarten, and Support for People with Oral and Head and Neck Cancer (SPOHNC)
To learn more, call 914-849-7500