How many hours do you need each night?
Everyone's sleep needs are different. And those needs change throughout life. Keep scrolling to see guidelines for how much sleep you might need.
- 14–17 hours: Newborns (0 to 3 months) need 14–17 hours of sleep per day.
- 12–15 hours: Infants (4 to 11 months) need 12–15 hours of sleep per day.
- 11–14 hours: Toddlers (1 to 2 years) need 11–14 hours of sleep per day.
- 10–13 hours: Preschoolers (3 to 5 years) need 10–13 hours of sleep per day.
- 9–11 hours: School-age kids (6 to 13 years) need 9–11 hours of sleep per day.
- 8–10 hours: Teens (14 to 17 years) need 8–10 hours of sleep per day.
- 7–9 hours: Younger adults (18 to 64 years) need 7–9 hours of sleep per day.
- 7–8 hours: Older adults (65-plus years) need 7–8 hours of sleep per day.
ARE YOU HAVING TROUBLE SLEEPING? IT COULD BE A SLEEP DISORDER.
Source: Sleep Foundation
- Sleep Foundation. "How Much Sleep do We Really Need? https://www.sleepfoundation.org/how-sleep-works/how-much-sleep-do-we-really-need.