Although medicine has the capacity to cure, compassion holds the power to heal. And that compassion is evident in the generous steadfast support of our community. Thank you for partnering with us to create a healthy and vibrant White Plains Hospital. Your commitment to our mission enhances our power to heal and makes a difference in the lives of our patients, your neighbors. Here is how your gifts can make an impact.
Gifts to the Pediatric Center Fund will support the Hospital’s plan to co-locate our pediatric emergency department and inpatient services. The new Pediatric Center will have a separate entrance and will be self-contained, enabling pediatric patients and their families to be in an environment that is comforting and age-appropriate. The program will include a dedicated pediatric nurse educator, pediatric trained staff including pediatric emergency nurses and hospitalists, a child life specialist, and with the help of our partner at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore (CHAM), pediatric sub specialists.
WPH will create a child-friendly, family-centered facility for pediatric emergency and inpatient care, segregated from the adult population. This unique new unit will include:Specialized care from highly trained, dedicated pediatricians, nurses and staff with expanded access to specialists and follow-up care.
- The ability to flex between Emergency Department care and inpatient care as needed.
- “Child life” specialist(s) to provide diversional activities to help children cope with the challenges of hospitalization.
- A more comfortable, appropriate atmosphere for children and families throughout their hospital experience – from emergency care through inpatient experience.
Gifts to our Radiation Oncology Fund support renovation of our Radiation Oncology Suite on the lower level of the Dickstein Cancer Treatment Pavilion. The revamped space will have a new waiting room, a dedicated area for consultations with physicians and staff, renovated exam rooms, and the latest state-of-the-art technology. In addition, renovations will provide continuity with the rest of the Center for Cancer Care, and will create a soothing, holistic healing environment for patients undergoing radiation oncology treatments.
- The Radiation Oncology Suite is being completely renovated, finalizing the modernization of the entire Center for Cancer Care.
- The renovation includes updates to exam rooms and physician offices, new dedicated areas for consultations and a new waiting room.
- New state-of-the-art equipment will include:
- A TrueBeam radiation therapy system for image-guided radiotherapy and radiosurgery.
- A new Varian Edge linear accelerator.
- A new Simulator to map the treatment area.
- The upgrades will provide a soothing, holistic healing environment for patients and families.
Gifts to the Nursing Excellence Fund provide scholarships, training, and continuing education opportunities for our nursing staff. Donations will support the career advancement and development of White Plains Hospital’s nurses and medical technicians. Continuous education and support for staff to climb the clinical ladder ensures that we retain our best and brightest by helping them achieve career goals in their workplace of choice.
- Continued, advanced training and education of our nearly 700 member nursing staff is an ongoing priority at WPH.
- Includes workshops, conferences, guest facilitators/speakers, as well as scholarships and educational support for BSN, RN and, NP training and accreditation.
- Includes a new research fund for advanced nurses to improve their quality of care.
- A variety of naming opportunities throughout the Hospital are available for gifts of $10k+ to this fund.
The Fund for White Plains Hospital
Gifts to the Fund for White Plains Hospital provide the financial resources and flexibility to support a variety of wide-ranging programs and services, purchase of state-of-the-art equipment, and new technology. These gifts are the foundation of our philanthropy efforts, supporting the day-to-day work of White Plains Hospital.
The Fund for WPH supports all general operations and needs throughout the organization, including unbudgeted equipment, program and personnel needs.
- TVs for all patients
- CCS building
- Center for Cancer Care
How Your Gifts Work
- You choose a cause important to you, and give.
- Your gift goes directly to that cause.
- If you ask us to notify doctors, staff or someone else, we do.
- Your gift supports important work and helps us achieve our goals.
- We share our progress with the public, and you share it with family and friends.