The medical and nursing staff at the Flanzer Center for Emergencies and Critical Care at White Plains Hospital is well-positioned to handle a wide range of adult and pediatric emergencies. Specially trained, highly skilled physicians and nurses are always on hand to provide patient-focused emergency medical care in a recently expanded, state-of-the-art setting that stresses comfort and privacy.
From initial treatment in the emergency department to in-patient intensive care our physicians and nurse have the latest technology available to help them handle life-threatening injuries and illnesses.
The unique two-floor space also houses the Maxine and John Bendheim Family Intermediate Care Center, a "fast track" unit for patients whose needs are less urgent.
Our emergency and critical care services:
- Specialty treatment rooms for specific types of emergency care, such as orthopaedic, pediatric and OB/GYN care, trauma, stroke
- X-ray equipment right inside the Emergency Department, for more rapid imaging and diagnosis
- Therapeutic hypothermia treatment, which can improve outcomes for some cardiac arrest patients
- Negative pressure rooms for isolation of patients with serious infectious disease
- A separate emergency room designed for pediatric patients, within the main emergency department
- In-room registration at bedside, resulting in less wait time and enhanced privacy
- Individual waiting rooms for adult and pediatric patients
- Flat-screen TVs in all treatment rooms
White Plains Hospital Medical & Wellness in Armonk
For less severe illnesses and injuries, the Hospital also offers its Urgent Care Center at White Plains Hospital Medical & Wellness in Armonk, located 10 minutes away.
To find out more about emergency medical services at White Plains Hospital, contact us at (914) 681-1155.
In an emergency, always dial 911 first.