“They told me I was in the middle of a five day heart attack...I owe my life to these doctors.”
When Roger Zeitel walked into White Plains Hospital’s emergency room, he had no idea he was having a heart attack. He was quickly taken to the cardiac catheterization lab where Director of Interventional Cardiology, Dr. Mark Greenberg, discovered two coronary blockages and a failing heart valve. Dr. Greenberg was able to immediately call on his long-time colleague, Dr. Robert Michler, Surgeon-in-Chief at Montefiore, who performed lifesaving open heart surgery at Montefiore. Together, White Plains Hospital and Montefiore seamlessly provide an unparalleled level of care and support, from diagnosis and treatment to follow-up. Roger is now back to doing what he loves - headlining the local music scene with his bandmates.
Exceptional cardiac care right here at White Plains Hospital
- Two full-service cardiac catheterization labs
- Advanced treatment to stabilize heart attack patients in minutes because every second counts
- Elective and emergency angioplasty to clear blockages
- Interventional and non-invasive diagnostic tools
- Seamless integration between White Plains Hospital and Montefiore when more complex care is necessary – such as heart transplants and complex valve surgery.
To find a cardiologist