Tricky Symptoms You Should Not Ignore
White Plains Hospital
June 02, 2020
Get to the ED when your ill or injured. It's a matter of life and breath.
Urgent injuries, illnesses and certain vague symptoms should never be ignored, no matter what is going on in the world around you. Observe the following symptoms and call 9-1-1 or get to the Emergency Department as soon as possible if you experience any of these:
- Severe head, chest or abdominal pain
- Heart palpitations, fevers above 101 degrees
- Persistent shortness of breath or wheezing
- Persistent chest pain, especially if it radiates to your arm or jaw
- Loss of balance or fainting
- Weakness or paralysis
- Severe heart palpitations
- Sudden, severe headache
- Head and eye injuries
- Deep cuts that require stitches – especially to the face
- Serious burns
Time is especially of the essence for many health issues, such as heart attack or stroke. Minutes can make a difference in preventing debilitating injury and even death.
Our skilled Emergency Department staff is here when you need them. Our facilities are designed to screen patient safely and uses a care model that allows us to evaluate, treat and place patients on the quickest path to recovery at home or in the hospital – all in a setting with the highest standards of safety and the strictest protocols for cleanliness.
In an emergency, always dial 9-1-1 first.
Need a physician? Call 914-849-MyMD to find the right provider for your needs or visit our online physician directory
Tags: chest pain
, severe injury