White Plains Hospital works with a large group of volunteers from local high schools, colleges and universities. Many different volunteer assignments are available for students ages 14 and older to work with clinical and professional staff performing non-medical tasks in patient areas, or in non-patient assignments. Students will get the benefit of learning, observing and interacting with patients, families and staff- offering their insight and talent to enhance the patient and family experience.
Volunteer internships are available for school credit (with participating high schools and colleges); days and times vary and are tailored to student/school requirements- as appropriate.
Scholarship opportunities are available for volunteers graduating high school- offered by Friends of White Plains Hospital.
- Administrative/office assignments in various departments throughout the hospital and off-site (Administration, Physician Offices, Community Relations/Marketing, Development, and more)—attend meetings, work on projects, day-to-day office tasks
- Family Health Center- assist and greet patients, general office work
- Gift Shop- display and price merchandise, assist customers
- Information Desk- greet and direct patients/families
- Nursing Units- assist and observe nursing staff, assist patients with non-medical tasks
- Patient Transport- escort in-patients and out-patients via wheelchair
- Store Room- assist staff in sorting and delivering supplies throughout the hospital
Volunteers are required to commit to a minimum of 70 hours per year and must complete the administrative process prior to beginning- including volunteer application, medical clearance and orientation. Flexible schedules available- weekday, weekend and evening shifts. To apply for this program, download and submit the Junior Volunteer application. For more information, please call 681-1225.