Patients and families face many challenges when diagnosed with cancer. Working together with a common goal our patient education focuses on needs of the patient and family so that they can actively participate in their care.
EDUCATION PROGRAMS AT THE CENTER FOR CANCER CARE
A variety of ongoing education and support programs for health professionals, patients, families, and the community are offered in our Educational Conference Room, which is equipped with audio-visual and other equipment often needed for meetings and classes.
To schedule a class or use our facility to teach a class, call 914-849-7500.
VISIT OUR PATIENT RESOURCES SITE
Community Cancer Education Programs
Part of our circle of care includes educating and acting as a resource to the Westchester community with:
- Annual Screening Programs
- Neighborhood Health Fair (Breast and Prostate screenings available)
- Cancer Education Lecture Series
- American Cancer Society Reach for Recovery Program
- Gilda’s Club of Westchester
- Patient Education Programs developed to meet the specific needs of patients and family members
- Cancer Survivors’ Day, an uplifting celebration of life for cancer patients, their families and friends.