Nursing Professional Development
At White Plains Hospital, we place great value on continuing education for nurses and we reward the pursuit of excellence.
- We offer tuition reimbursement to encourage and support our nurses in expanding their knowledge and skills.
- We offer on-site study groups and tuition reimbursement for specialty certification.
- We provide opportunities for our nurses to earn free contact hours using a variety of methods.
- Through our Clinical Ladder Program, we formally recognize and reward increasing levels of clinical expertise and commitment to patient care, White Plains Hospital and the nursing profession.
- All new nursing graduates, during the early phase of their orientation, are placed into a mentor program with an experienced nurse. Mentoring helps give new nurses the confidence, resources and skills they need to reach their potential. The program is a vehicle to develop the communication and leadership skills needed to maintain and enhance their careers.