Healthcare has changed quite a bit over the last decade. Your physicians may not come to the hospital, but will work collaboratively with a group of physicians called Hospitalists. The benefits are:
- Hospitalists communicate with your physician during your stay and at your discharge.
- Your physician is assured that expert medical care is always available for you, even if he or she cannot be present at your bedside.
- The Hospitalist team provides a great deal of personal attention to patients. Patients have the ability to see a physician more often and with more flexible visiting times.
- Since Hospitalists are present all day and night, they can follow up on diagnostic tests quickly and arrive at a treatment plan more efficiently.
- Once you leave the hospital, your primary care physician resumes your care.
Learn more about our Hospitalist Program: