Ostomy Care Services
White Plains Hospital Ostomy Care Center provides a full range of outpatient services for the patient with an ostomy (colostomy, ileostomy and urostomy), as well as bowel fistula management. Our Center is staffed by two certified wound, ostomy and continence nurses who are specially trained in the care and management of patients with a stoma and have extensive experience with complex management issues. Evaluation and treatment are also available for patients with any transcuteaneous tube (feeding tubes, drainage tubes).
The clinic provides:
- Pre and post-operative counseling on stoma care and management
- Pre-op stoma marking to ensure that the stoma is in the ideal location for patients to manage their care after surgery
- Information for families and caregivers to increase their understanding and knowledge of the condition and lifestyle adjustments necessary after Ostomy surgery
- Management and treatment of peristomal skin problems, stomal complications, and ill-fitting appliance issues, as well as common skin complications after surgery
- Close coordination of care with the patient’s primary-care physician or specialty surgeon to ensure the best possible outcomes
For an appointment, please contact the White Plains Hospital Wound Care Center, located on the 4th floor of the hospital, at 914-681-2430.