Make an Online Donation
We appreciate the loyal support from all of our friends...
White Plains Hospital spine surgeons can connect patients with the following nonsurgical approaches to spine care, which may help some patients avoid surgery and assist those who have had surgery in their recovery:
- Physical therapy, which can relieve pain and restore strength, flexibility, and range of motion. Physical therapy may be prescribed by a physiatrist - a doctor trained in rehabilitation medicine. In addition to inpatient physical therapy services, the White Plains Hospital Physical Therapy Center at Rye Brook offers a comprehensive range of physical and occupational therapy treatments in a comfortable and convenient outpatient setting. The Physical Therapy Center at Rye Brook is located at 11 South Ridge Street. Appointments can be made by calling 914-681-1116.
- Acupuncture, which can be helpful for treating neck and back pain.
- Chiropractic care, which may relieve pain and restore mobility through manual therapy.
- Massage therapy, which increase circulation to an area and can release tension.
- Cranio-sacral therapy, which has helped some patients relieve pain.
- Yoga, which can increase flexibility and balance and relieve muscle tension.
- Alexander technique, designed to improve postural and physical movement through awareness of abnormal tensions and gentle manipulations.
- Stretching to improve flexibility.
- Mental imagery to promote relaxation and pain management.