Delivering Personalized Patient Care Each Step of the Way
The Westchester Orthopaedic Institute is a collaborative treatment organization developed by White Plains Hospital (WPH) and a highly-regarded group of Westchester-based orthopedic surgeons. It provides a full range of orthopedic surgical and non-surgical services to relieve pain and restore physical function. These include highly-specialized and advanced methods of joint replacement surgery, corrective spinal surgery, and the repair of athletic injuries. Every year, doctors at the Institute perform more hip and knee replacement procedures using minimally-invasive techniques at White Plains Hospital than at any other hospital in Westchester County.
Beginning with pre-operative education, continuing through surgery, and including post-operative physical therapy, the orthopedic surgeons and other team members of the Westchester Orthopaedic Institute provide the complete range of superior orthopedic care.
To see the pre-operative PowerPoint slide presentation on the joint replacement program, click here. Note that you can move through the presentation by clicking the page-down button on your keyboard, or you can just allow the presentation to play at its own pace.
For more information about orthopedic surgery at White Plains Hospital, contact Carol Smullen, RN, at 914-681-2663.
Meet Paul Fragner, MD, Chief of Orthopedic Surgery
Meet Rick Weinstein, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon
The distinctive features of the Westchester Orthopaedic Institute include:
- Orthopedic surgeons trained at nationally-renown academic medical centers, offering comprehensive care in all areas of orthopedic surgery
- Nursing staff specially certified in orthopedic care
- Physical therapists, nutritionists and other specialists to treat each patient individually
- Leading-edge radiology services that provide rapid and expert diagnosis
- Advanced methods of post-surgical pain control
- The Sports Injury Hotline, which provides an immediate response to high school and college aged athletes who have suffered a sports-related injury. No appointment is necessary. Call Certified Athletic Trainer Michael Mirabella for more details at
For More Information
The goal of the Westchester Orthopaedic Institute is to return patients to the activities they enjoy. To learn more about the Institute's services, please call 914-681-BONE (2663). To obtain the names of the Institute's orthopedic surgeons, please call 914-681-1010.