- Minimally-invasive orthopedic surgery
- Arthroscopic surgical repair
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacement (partial, e.g. Uni-Knee and total)
- Repair of sports injuries
- Hip fracture repair
- Orthopedic trauma repair
- Knee, shoulder, hand and ankle repair
- Spinal surgery including kyphoplasty, a minimally invasive procedure to stabilize spinal fractures and relieve pain
- X-Stop spinal surgery procedure for spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Reconstructive orthopedic procedures, including fracture repair
Inpatient Facilities and Amenities
The Westchester Orthopaedic Institute's facility is an ideal setting designed to comfortably accommodate orthopedic patients and minimize the disruption that surgery can cause in their lives. With the professional support of White Plains Hospital and its outstanding doctors, nurses, and rehabilitation staff, surgery at the Institute is scheduled at optimum times to minimize inpatient hospitalization. The goal is for each patient to resume an active lifestyle as soon as possible.
Patients who do stay overnight in the hospital recuperate in a bright and modern inpatient unit, with a large number of private rooms, a patient-family lounge and a spacious on-site physical therapy room.
The Westchester Orthopaedic Institute's joint replacement and orthopedic surgery patients receive the best in recuperative care. A team of physical therapists, social workers, and other specialists works with the physicians and nursing staff to identify individual patient needs and coordinate a plan for continuing care following hospitalization. For many patients who stay in the hospital following surgery, rehabilitation begins the next day in the orthopedic unit's physical therapy gym.
Outpatient care is available at the hospital's two state-of-the-art physical therapy centers that offer flexible hours and a convenient location with free parking. For more information, call the White Plains Hospital Physical and Occupational Therapy Center at
Rye Brook (914) 681-1116
White Plains (914) 468-6200