White Plains Hospital Staff Makes World a Little Pink-er by Wearing Pink Gloves During Breast Cancer Awareness Month
White Plains, NY (October 2011) -White Plains Hospital is raising awareness about breast cancer this October, one non-latex gloved hand at a time! This month, all doctors, nurses and clinicians will be donning pink gloves in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Pictured are 53 Hospital employees waving their pink hands at the camera.
The Hospital has made a point to draw awareness to the disease this month with the following additional events and symbols:
- Installation of a 22-foot high pink ribbon on Dickstein Cancer Treatment Center
- Painting of a “Pink Line” around the Hospital’s campus
- Sales of custom T-shirt designed for the Hospital’s Think Pink T-shirt contest, with proceeds benefitting White Plains Hospital’s Cancer Program
- Sponsorship of The Westchester mall’s “Paint the Mall Pink” event and scheduling of mammogram appointments at the mall’s health fair on Saturday, October 15
- Special promotions and drinks at Bellota at 42 and Elements
- And more!