THE WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL LABORATORY
IN 1943. THE LAB PROCESSED 35,000 TESTS
IN 1943, WHEN THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN.
IN 2012, THE HOSPITAL’S LAB PROCESSED
OVER 3.4 MILLION TESTS.
MARK APFELBAUM, M.D., DIRECTS THE
JOAN AND ALAN HERFORT, M.D. CARDIAC
RENOVATIONS CURRENTLY UNDERWAY
WILL TRANSFORM THE HOSPITAL CAMPUS,
POSITIONING IT FOR CONTINUED GROWTH
AND SUCCESS INTO THE NEXT CENTURY
YE S T E R DAY
J. Michael Divney
CHAIRMAN OF THE
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The world of medicine has undergone a significant transformation since White
Plains Hospital opened its doors 120 years ago. There have been extraordinary
advances in the way diseases are diagnosed and treated. Physicians, surgeons,
and other healthcare professionals now know the importance of treating the
whole person, not just his or her illness, and of maintaining quality of life
during and after care.
As the world has changed, White Plains Hospital has consistently
delivered high-quality exceptional health care, always rising to meet new
challenges and preparing for the future. By growing our ranks of doctors and
enhancing and expanding our facilities, today we are better positioned than
ever before to continue to provide exceptional care to the people living and
working in the communities we serve. Here’s to the next 120 years!